Hey guys! Today I wanted to share with you this super easy and inexpensive DIY Hexagon Shelf tutorial. I have a large window in my dining room but the walls on either side of the window are bare. I decided to look in Pinterest to see if I find anything that would inspire me. I also wanted to make something with items I already had on hand. This Hexagon Shelf was perfect for me!
DIY Hexagon Shelf Materials Needed:
- Popsicle Sticks (about 100 each shelf)
- Glue Gun & Glue Sticks (or tacky glue)
- Paint or Wood Stain (*optional)
- Paint Brush
- 3m Picture Frame Tape (*optional)
- HexagonTemplate (use as a guide to keep the angles straight as possible.)
- Cereal box or newspaper to protect your work surface
- Gloves (if you’re using a stain)
- Print the Hexagon Template and use it as a guide. Add a dab of glue to the ends of the popsicle sticks and stagger them like below (make sure the glue is facing up):
Next layer your sticks to make your hexagon shape.
3. Continue glueing and layering your sticks until your Hexagon is as deep as you’d like. My shelf ended up being 16 sticks deep.
4. If using tacky glue allow it to dry then, begin to stain your shelf, make sure you get in between your sticks. I used gloves to keep my hands from getting stained as well as an old cereal box to protect my work surface.
5. Now time to hang your shelf. I used 3m picture frame strips but you can also glue frame hooks or use 2 small nails on your wall.
And that’s it! A pretty little DIY Hexagon Shelf! I hope enjoy this project as much as I enjoyed making it!
If you want to see a step by step video of how I made these shelves, head on over to my YouTube Channel or click on the image below!
If you decide to create this shelf, I’d love to see it, please share your mad skills with me on Instagram @hipncreative.
Good luck and Happy Creating. If you like this post, please be sure to pin it for later!