Back in January I set out a Personal Goal for the year. I was very excited to have this goal and even more excited to share this goal with you my wonderful friends! So now that we are in February I thought I’d check in and give you an update:
- Pay off credit cards and maintain a zero balance – So far we are doing good. We have successfully paid off one our credit cards and have a zero balance. I have to be honest with you and say that this was something we had already began before I shared this goal with you. But we are very happy we were able to pay off one of our cards in about three months. We estimate that the second card can be paid off in about 14 months, which is a way better alternative to paying down the minimum payment due for the next 3 or more years.
- Save up an Emergency Fund and Savings Fund – We have also been able to save up an emergency fund. It’s a small amount (about $1000) but we will be adding to the Emergency Fund as we continue to meet our goal. As for our savings, we have been doing good on that route as well. We do have savings account that we started, our goal is to have a 6 to 12 months of savings in our account. Which of course take us some time to do but we are confident we can do it!
- Save up for a new car – unfortunately we have not saved up any funds towards a new car. We decided to start saving for the car when we have paid off our credit card. That way we don’t have to worry about car payments along with all the other financial responsibilities we have.
- Eat Less Takeout – woo hoo, we have successfully eaten less take out! Which is very difficult to do. SInce we are still renovating our kitchen, we are still eating take out once a week or so but at least not twice in a day, which we used to do as a treat on Sunday’s after church was over. Now we make lunch at home and while my hubby works hard on our kitchen we use that day as catch up with laundry, homework, studying or any projects that are due.
- Create and actually do work out routine – I have successfully created a work out routine and have done my work out buuut that’s something I struggle with. I did however join an online support group through my husbands work. It promotes health and wellness, I’m glad I did it and so far I’m doing great. They even offer a health coach for free. Woo Hoo!
- Drink lots more water – Yes I am! I started out with one bottle a day and now have moved up to 2 bottles a day! It feels great! And as an added bonus I have lost about 6 lbs! YES!
- Go for a run – unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to go for a run. It’s too cold and has snowed but I do plan on starting my runs this spring 🙂
- Have more date nights with the Hubby 😉 – Well this one hasn’t happened yet. We do have a date night scheduled for this coming week. We are both looking forward to it!
- Spend quality time with my girls – so far we have had a great time. I had an awesome lunch date with my oldest. My younger two and I watched a movie and chatted (so great)! We love it and plan on doing it again soon! There is a movie coming out “Disney’s Zombies” and we plan on watching that and snacking on some goodies. They are so excited for it too. 🙂
- Spend more time visiting family and having get togethers – we plan on doing this as soon as the darn kitchen gets done!
- Take couples dance lessons (part of date night, maybe?) I looked into this and found a great place, now to get the hubby’s schedule to sync with the lesson plan.
- Spend more time reading the bible and creating a bible study – I have started this journey and am following a podcast that is very inspirational.
- Join a woman’s organization or volunteer group – I looked into this and my local church has a woman’s group I’m thinking about joining. This is a bit hard for me because I’m very shy and this is way out of my comfort zone!
- Create organizational systems for the home – I started this project with my bedroom. I organized my closet and am pretty happy with my first project. I will be sharing my organizational jouney in future youtube videos so please be on the look out for that soon!
- Finish out incomplete home improvement projects – I created a “honey do” list that I will be going over with my husband and we’ll be starting this project starting spring.
- Encourage other’s and share positivity – woo hoo! This has been a great experience! I have left positive feedback to many other youtubers as well as IG accounts. I have to admit that once I got started it has been a great experience, many of the people from these communities are so friendly.
Thanks so much for visiting! What goals have you set for yourself this year and how are you doing so far? Let me know in the comments below! I’ll check back with another update in March! Until next time guys, have a great day!