Hi guys! Today I wanted to share with you one of my favorite recipes, this Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta is one I love to make. I found this recipe a few year ago on Pinterest and it has been my go to meal for those hot summer months ever since. Best of all it only takes 30 -45 minutes to make! Which is a win for me!
Here is a list of what you’ll need:
- Penne Pasta 10-12oz.
- 1/2 cups of Bacon (crumbled) – I use precooked bacon but you can cook then chop them if you prefer
- 2 cups of Cooked and Chopped Chicken
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup of Milk (or heavy cream)
- 1/4 cup of Flour
- 1/3 cup of Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese (or any cheese you prefer)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Olive Oil (optional -to keep pasta from sticking)
- First Cook pasta according to its package’s directions then drain. In a separate bowl add the pasta with a little bit of olive oil (to keep the pasta from sticking) and toss in the cooked chicken and cooked chopped bacon. Stir to mix it all together.
- TO MAKE RANCH ALFREDO SAUCE: Melt butter in saucepan, add flour and stir to combine. Once you have your roux, add milk (or heavy cream if you prefer) stir constantly until sauce thickens (it took me about 5 minutes continuously stirring). Remove from heat and stir in Garlic salt, onion powder and ranch dressing until well combined.
- Pour Ranch Alfredo over pasta, chicken and bacon. Stir to evenly combine. And last add in shredded cheddar cheese and stir to combine.
- Pour into a casserole pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
You can leave this as is or you can also add some peas, broccoli or any other veggie you like!
That’s it! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do! If you’re more of a visual person, I have a YouTube Video in which I show you how I make this recipe here: Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
First let me apologize for this photo. It was the only one I had available because when we moved from our home I misplaced my camera’s battery cable and I also lost all the pictures I uploaded onto the computer and had to make due 😦 . I hope in the near future I’ll be able to show some awesome recipes with even better pics 😀 . Ok now on to the recipe..
Before moving in to our temporary apartment, I made a delicious Cheesy Chicken & Pasta. Here is what you’ll need:
- 4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (thawed)
- Shredded Cheese of your Choice (I used Mozzarella Cheese Blend -the only cheese I had available at the time 🙂 )
- One bag of pasta (I used Shop Rite Pasta)
- Cooking Spray
- Aluminum Foil
Pre-heat your oven to 400°F. Next tear out sections of aluminum foil (enough to wrap each chicken breast in) and spray with cooking spray. Place your chicken on each foil and add your cheese. I used about a 1/4 cup of cheese but you can use as little or as much as you’d like. Wrap your chicken and place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. I like to wrap my chicken individually, that way any left over chicken can easily be frozen and cooked again (left overs rock!) It also helps with picky eaters, my little one hates cheese on her chicken so I just lightly season hers and bake accordingly 🙂
Next cook your pasta according to package directions. I usually wait until my chicken is just about ready so that the pasta is not sitting for too long. I hate when my pasta is cold or dry! And if you don’t want pasta this chicken would taste great with steamed vegetables! That’s it.. Easy peasy!!
4-6 Chicken Breasts (thawed)
6oz. Stuffing your Choice (my favorite is Cornbread Mmmm..)
1 Cup Water
1 Package of Tortellini (I used Bertolli)
1 Bag of Shredded Cheese (I used Mexican Blend but works great with Cheddar too)
Pre cooked Bacon (optional)
Frozen Broccoli (or you can use frozen veggies)
First Heat your oven to 400°F. Tear out sections of aluminum foil (enough to wrap each chicken breast in) and spray with cooking spray. In a mixing bowl place the package of stuffing and mix in the 1 cup of water. Spoon about 1/4 the stuffing in the center of the aluminum foil and lay your clean (and thawed) chicken breast on top of the stuffing pile. Add about 1/4 cupc of cheese (or as much as you like), and a strip of bacon (torn in pieces) and 1/4 cup of ranch dressing drizzled on each. Next you’re going to place about a 1/2 cup of veggies on top of your chicken. Wrap your chicken and place it on a cookie or baking pan, continue the steps until all the chickens are done. Next pop that bad boy into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
One of the great things about this recipe is portion size, you can make enough for one, two or a houseful of friends and family. You can also freeze the left overs for another day, just thaw and cook 😉
While your chicken is baking in the oven, follow the instructions on the bag of Tortellini. I definitely added some olive oil and parmigiana cheese and it tasted fantastic! I have to admit though I went a little heavy handed on the parmigiana cheese but Tan and the girls loved it so I guess it wasn’t too bad 😉 Now go and get your chicken on! And please don’t forget to stop by and let me know how you did. Oh and if you have any tasty recipes you’d like share give me a holler and i’ll be sure to give it a try!