Today I wanted to share a DIY tutorial that is super cute and can be used all year long. I was inspired by welcome post signs I’ve seen on Pinterest but wanted to add my own twist using materials I already had available. The only thing I purchased was the 4x4x8 post. If you do purchase any materials, you will be able to make (2) 4ft. Welcome Posts. One for you and one to give away. Or you can use the other post to make any number of projects!
Tools and Materials Needed:
- 4x4x8 wood post (I cut mine down to 4ft high) If you can’t cut it at home your local Home Depot can cut it for you fo’ FREE
- wood glue
- 1×12 cut down to 1- 5×5 wood square
- 1×12 cut down to 2- 6×6 wood square
- scrap window trim (optional) big enough for the 4×4 post top
- scrap base molding (optional) big enough for the 4×4 post base
- white paint (I used some left over paint, hehe) (optional)
- black spray paint -or any color you choose
- wall hook
- caulk and wood filler-optional -I used it to fill any gaps on the trim
- screws and drill -optional or gorilla glue
- sand paper
STEP ONE: First thing we did was cut down all our wood pieces that needed to be cut. I had my husband do the cutting for me, i’m not too skilled at using the saw and didn’t want to hurt myself.